Peoria County has processes and procedures in place to ensure the transfer of voting equipment and voted ballots during the Early Voting timeframe is logged through every step of the process.
- Voting Equipment is programmed with current election data. Every piece of voting equipment has a unique serial number assigned. Also, seals are installed to ensure the election data loaded onto the unit is not tampered with. Serial and seal numbers are recorded to a master document and assigned to a specific early voting location.
- Voting equipment is then delivered to the early voting location. Before the polls are opened and any votes are cast, these serial and seal numbers are recorded and documented by trained Poll workers.
- After the polls close, the serial and seal numbers are recorded again to ensure the same equipment has been used throughout the day of Early Voting.
- Voting equipment and voted ballots are transported back each night at the conclusion of Early Voting to the Peoria County Election Commission by a team of bi-partisan Poll workers.
- Before any votes are tabulated, the serial and seal numbers are verified against the master document to ensure the voting equipment sent to a specific early voting location is what has been returned.