What if I move and/or change my name?

If you move, you must file a written change of address with the Election Authority. The back of your Voter Registration Card contains a Change of Address Form. If you don't have your card, a handwritten note with your signature is sufficient. If you change your name, you must complete a new voter registration form. Find more information on the Registration Information page.

Show All Answers

1. Am I registered to vote?
2. What are the requirements to register to vote?
3. Where can I register to vote?
4. What if I move and/or change my name?
5. What are registration options for college students?
6. Is it true that 17 year old's can register and vote?
7. Can people who have been convicted of a felony register and vote in Illinois?
8. How are registered voters who have moved or died removed from the voter rolls?